There is a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again later (1011).
We have had repeated reports on Netflix iOS apps not working on iOS devices in business networks since the last app update. This turned out to also be a problem in my own home network, where I found a relatively simple workaround:
We use dnsmasq as our recursive DNS server in our home network. I noticed a very odd DNS request for
Here’s a screenshot of part of my log:
So it appears that the latest Netflix iOS app update makes all DNS queries as per normal, but for some reason, when the above hostname is called, it appends the search domain. Most home networks will not have a search domain listed like mine does here:
The workaround for me was to adjust the DHCP server to simply not hand out a search domain. In most home networks it will have no impact. However, in business networks, you might have a dependency on the search domain, so check with your systems administrator.